Problem: When one of world’s most trusted Insurance and financial services brands needed to migrate over 25,000 users from Windows XP to Windows 7, while they executed a massive desktop virtualization effort, they turned to Uni-Data.
Solution: Uni-Data planned, executed, and coordinated the activities of over 50 FTE who performed the Windows 7 OS upgrade, and implemented a Virtual Service Center (VSC) dedicated to supporting the client’s cloud workstation environment. Program highlights include:
- Oversight of the migration of over 25,000 clients nationwide to Windows 7
- Designed strategy for software application profiles to facilitate the automated migration of software for user-based and machine-based application groups
- Implementation of a hybrid team of desktop and server engineers to support the client’s rapidly expanding virtual desktop infrastructure
- Deployed over 19,000 virtual instances globally
- Exceeded all Customer Satisfaction and Service Level Commitments, processing over 400,000 “business as usual” tickets while the Windows 7 and VDI projects were on-going
Outcome: The Fortune 500 client continues to view Uni-Data as their strategic partner to deliver on emerging technology needs. This year, we will support a massive migration from Lotus Notes to Microsoft’s Office 365 family, followed by an enterprise-wide upgrade to Windows 10.